Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Broken Cisterns - Matthew 25-31:46 - August 14, 1994

Broken Cisterns – Matthew 25:31-46 – August 14, 1994

Sources of water

City water; rural water; wells; cisterns

Days of Jesus, Jeremiah the prophet…only wells and cisterns

Dependent upon them

Jeremiah called Israel…”broken cisterns””

State of the Church

Few to give/few to help/few to go

Many in need…

Sick, lonely, those in trouble, refugees, orphans, widows, financial

Those without hope, those without peace

We can help thru

Kind acts

Kind words

Go on a mission

Give to missions

What is state of your cistern/how much water do you have, what do you do with it?

…multiple choise

· I have enough, and give to all

· I have a lot, and give to all I can

· I have a lot, but don’t give that much to others

· I have only enough for myself

· I have a hint of water; enough to give the impression

Scripture…Matthew 25:31-46

You have been given many of the worlds blessings

Enjoy them, but share them

As a Christian, you have been given the water of life

Drink it, enjoy it,

But don’t forget to share it

In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Amen

No comments: