Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Little Blue Engine - Hebrew 11:1-6 August-28-94

The Little Blue Engine Hebrew 11:1-6 August 28, 2009

Positive thinking not enough

Fred Price and the meat market

Presumption/pinnacle of the temple

It’s not me saying I can do this…It says I know God can do this…I know God

It is a knowing beyond knowing…I don’t know how I know…I can’t explain it

Not to replace positive thinking with negative thinking

Self-fulfilling prophecies

Positive thinking is fine, but it is not the same as faith

What faith is…

Seeing the unseen, knowing in a way that cannot be explained

Faith is a lasting testimony of a life well lived

What faith does…

Faith reminds us that The Christian life/life in the spirit is not about consuming resources

For yourself it’s about waking with God

Faith reminds us that knowing God is not about being happy, or having everything go your way.

Faith reminds us that God is for you, a partner for meaning, for spiritually

Faith is necessary…with out it we cannot please God

Believing that God exists

Believing that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him

God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him not because I am a minister

I can not promise that you will be healthy, wealthy, or wise,

Faith is not about things, its not about getting things, its not about having things your way,

But since faith is about God,

Can promise you God,

God is still at work in his world, in his people and in his church

He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

So seek the Lord and you will find Him.

Amen

No comments: