Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Doing the Job Mark 13:32-37 8-20-95

doing the Job 8-20-95 Mark 13:32-37

This is the kind of topic in which we will not be blessed unless the Holy Spirit blesses it
most everyone likes to lay on the beach and bask in the sun
fewer of us enjoy the kind of work that it takes to be able to do so the rewards are not realized without the work involved.

the kingdom of God is like a man who went on a journey
life is like this....and God's world is like this too
we are assigned tasks....assigned tasks by God....how well are we doing?
have we forgotten that we are only guests in the Master's house
do we think that we have no tasks?

There are a variety of tasks in life, but I must speak of the church
missions....youth....children....Sunday school....worship....fellowship....choirs....on and on
new folds....need more than Sunday morning worship
is God's church a place where we only come to be blessed?
is it not a vineyard in which we all should work

1996 nominations forms....
not just a sheet of things to consider....opportunities from God to do his work....
watch and be ready ...when HE returns, will He find you at work or on a beach

If something is important someone must take responsibility for it
if someone is choking, you don't ask if you should help
you don't wait around for a light to shine and a voice to speak to you
the need is the call
Prayers Presence Gifts Service

now we come to the excuses
I didn't understand what you wanted me to do
I was not equipped to do the job......I was basking on the beach
uh....you caught me....I guess I had my own agenda
I didn't care that much about your tasks
I've never done anything like that before

fire, prayer place story

someone must step forward to do the jobs that need to be done
not because I have asked, but the Master has left for a while he has entrusted us, his servants to take care of the house.

No comments: