Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Remembering You Psalm 42:1-11 10-31-10

Oct 31 sermon title – remembering you

Psalm 42:1-11

These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.

intro
today is commitment Sunday, cards for the general and building fund at the end
if you are a visitor, do not worry about this, just relax and enjoy being in Gods house

today is also all saints day
friends that we have lost/died
we want to take a moment to remember and celebrate their lives
moment of silence

transition
celebrating is not something that I do very well.
I don’t want to spend the time to pat me or you or us on the back.
I am just kind of a, lets get after it kind of guy

Scripture is about a man who has been away from Gods house.
Is remembering with joy what he experienced there

Today lets remember and celebrate why we love this church

Baptisms
[pics of baptisms]

Weddings
[pics of weddings]

Adoptions
[pics of kids adopted]

Missions
[pics of our groups in missions]

New members
[pics of a few of our newest memebers]

those we have sent
[pics of those who have gone into the ministry out of woods chapel]

Moments that await you
[a picture of the stained glass windows]
[a pic of the branch]
[a pic of the walking trail]
[a picture of the altar]

Conclusion
And so we are joyful about this house of the lord.
And we bring our commitments to continue it for us and for others

These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.

We are going to close a little differently today-
I invite you to bring your commitments as we sing grace alone

No comments: