Sunday, July 4, 2010

This Year James 4:13-17 Jan. 3, 2010

This Year James 4:13-17 Jan. 3, 2010

13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 16As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

Wesley covenant service...
Not doing the guts but I want to stay with the idea...

Does that last line make you uncomfortable...
There is the sin of doing whatever we think we want to do
There is also the sin of not ding good
God has plans for us vs God has dreams for us...

What is God after here
Some general sin of omission...
Or is it possible that we are talking about the opportunity to live life to the fullest. That change to get off of auto pilot and really live.

When we live as those in the scripture...or prayers are predictable.
God help me get to that city...
When we pray seeking Gods dreams for our lives...our prayers become submission.

Are we just going thru the motions of life?
Sleepwalking - Kyle

Rom Houben is a 46-year-old Belgian man presumed comatose and in a vegetative state for 23 years after a new-fatal automobile accident, but according to several of his caregivers, unknown to the outside world actually remained conscious and paralyzed during the entirety of his hospital stay. Houben was diagnosed with locked-in syndrome by Belgian neurologist Dr. Steven Laureys in 2006 with the help of modern brain imaging techniques and equipment.

I have some questions about your life...
Are you paying attention? Aware? Looking? Seeing? Really living?

Auto pilot is so easy to ind
first I was dying to finish my high school and start college
Then I was dying to finish college and start working
Then I was dying to marry and have children
Then I was dying for my children to grow old enough so I could go back to work
then I was dying and suddenly I realized that I forgot to live

The idea here today is that there are dreams yet unfulfilled for you

Did you ever hear the frog who dreamed of being a king
And then become one
Well except for the names and a few other things
Out story's the same one

What is holding you back?
I am not important. Not educated. Not rich.
I am jut doing what I can to survive
Being held back by the dysfunctional upbringing

Did you ever blame your parents for who you are at 25. One day you wake up and say, that was the past. The past is over. Ok, yesterday was on them, but today and tomorrow, they are on me.

Quote on one pastors wall..."from now on, you will no longer has the luxury of hiding from that which I have called you. Your inability to be comfortable with my acts have limited my work among the people. Quit it, let's touch some lives...fulfill your potential...

We can no longer hide behind our insecurities
a more demanding world, demands more of us...
The powerless church of the suburbs is not going to speak to the problems of today...

Whatever is holding you back, is yesterdays excuse. You are now put on notice. Tomorrow with God is in your hands

Look at the great things that are...
How did they get there? How did they become?
A great country
A great church
The Liberty Memorial
The Empire State Building
Someone had a dream. Someone would not let obstacles hole them back

WeCare 300 kids
FPU - serviced 300 families - Gospel Choir - Adoption Ministry - Job Ministry

What are your dreams for 2010?
What happens to your life when you no longer have dreams
We are just going thru the motions
If you don't dream your dreams, who will

Erwin McManus quite: you don't get to choose your parents, your race, or your skin color. You don't get to choose your language or economic conditions when you're born into this world. You don't get any say about the beginning of your life journey, but you have a great deal to say about the destination of your journey and how that journey shapes you

people of WCC - Where you are your dreams - You're not dead yet...

Genesis 12 - God called Abraham to leave his homeland
To leave his comfort zone...
That is what God does...

Are you alive?

"the future of humanity may be just an idea in someones mind right now. Maybe the most important ministry in the history of this church is today, right in your heart, just waiting to be called forth by God.
What are you doing with those ideas?"

What Jesus did was to launch a movement that unleashed the previously untapped potential in those who believed in Him. He created an environment where his disciples began to believe the impossible and soon found they were turning dreams into reality.
His became a movement of dreamers and visionaries called and compelled to dream of a better world.

So the preacher is telling me that I can be anything That I want. No I am not. The preacher is telling me that nothing is beyond my grasp. No he is not. This is not about measuring something by what we will get or what we will attain. I am simply telling you that most people live far beneath God's dreams for their lives and if you make a concerted effort in 2010 to wake up and dream God's dreams, then he can do his work thru you in ways that you never thought possible.

Maybe you love God, but your life is a mess. Maybe you have skeletons
Maybe you have never believed in yourself before

Ezekiel 37:1The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3He asked me, "Son on man, can these bones live?"

I said, "O Sovereign LORD, you alone know." 4Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them,. 'Dry bones, hear the work of the LORD! this is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.'"

God is a God of resurrection. Nothing is ever dead for long when put into this hands

So what will we do, what will we be in 2010?
Let's dream God's dreams

No comments: