Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's not Just for Ministers Matthew 4:18-22 1-22-95

It's not Just for Ministers 1-22-95 Matt. 4:18-22

2 guys lived on Lake Drive....fished off their pontoon boat every day
couldn't get them to church, but they'd get up to fish
Jesus called
knew them from before
1. come and follow me
this throws a loop for some.....don't want to follow anyone
2. I will make you to be fishers of men
here is where we bail out in large numbers

can't get to second without doing the first
don't want to force folks onto the hook
do we catch fish with Bible??? Do we jump in and get them???

how did Jesus do it????
relaxed....
took several tries...
I have something that you need

so many lack a great purpose in their life...
struggle in understanding faith as something that is just for themselves
faith is not just for you.....just for me....

each of us must fish if the catch is going to be brought in
ministry in your sphere of influence....
your territorial waters.
If you don't do it, it won't get done

But....But....But....
I'm just.....I;m just
Running from the call of God
abrogating responsibility as a Christian

Airline Captain....follows in father's footsteps....dresses the part....can't fly the plane
{passenger.....I wanna go.....I wanna see the vacation land}
Learn to Fish or cut bait

It's time to listen again.....to spirit
hear him
where is God calling to go? to do? to be?
just to ask the question will change your life
implied reliance

go into song.... One more chance

No comments: