Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Carry the Light Matthew 5:14-16 5-18-97

Carry the Light mt. 5:14-16

Quest for fire -- who will carry the light?

3 minutes at Annual Conference. What will I say? I am tired....you got us into this.

Who are we? What will we do?

Jesus...there is a light...it cannot be hidden...it must shine forth. You are the light, not some other.

What will I say at Annual Conference? We are willing...we are ready. We will not hide it under a bushel, but we will be the light. And for everyone that is won to Christ, you have played a part.

Today I say to you -- thank you for all of your work, for all of your faith, for all of your believing, for all of your giving. For everyone who is won to Jesus Christ, you have played a part!

To symbolize our willingness to carry the light, I want to invite you to light a candle on the altar, one per family. If you have cards, leave them on the alter. Thank you for being the hands of Christ.

No comments: