Tuesday, March 10, 2009

But....I could never do that Matthew 11:15-30 10-8-95

But....I could never do that 10-8-95 Matt. 11:15-30

Song "He will lead his flock like a shepherd"

Laurel & Hardy take the piano up the Alps....
they are not just in troubled circumstances, they are trouble people
We are not just unhappy in employment, relationships & situations
I fear that we are unhappy in the root of our souls

Some folks have never know the love
some folks have forgotten what they knew.....
the cares of life, circumstances will wear away at the truth that you have known

God sends us what we need, but we will not do it
"I could never do that"
If Jesus was coming to your town....would he come to your house or
would you have to get up, get dressed, walk 5 miles, and wait in line?
"I could never do that"

God is working to speak to you.....to embrace you
thru a quiet time along in the sanctuary....."but...I could never do that"
thru a sunset......."but.....I could never do that"
thru the beauty of a redwood forest....."but ....I could never do that"
thru a candid talk with a friend......:but....I could never do that."
thru a book read......"but....I could never do that"
thru a worship service....."but....I could never do that"
thru a pointed talk with a professional counselor....."but....I could never do that"
And we wonder why we are burdened, hurting and lost

We need to get past being those who are embarrassment, past our pride
past the scurry....even in the name of God
and become those who will do what ever it takes to leave our dysfunction and come to Jesus
we must do what it takes to truly become pilgrims, seekers, disciples

There is a shepherd....he will lead us....he will heal us
but we must come to him
we must do the things we have not done....break out of our traditions
we must throw ourselves entirely upon him
and then we will find rest for our souls

No comments: