Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What Are The Things That You Love Matthew6:25-34 10-19-97

Sermon 10-19-97 What are the things that you love? matthew6:25-34

This is my hammer. It is a 20 ox framing hammer. Used for big jobs

I've had it for 20 years...we have a relationship
I was on vacation...vacations are time when you are suppose to do the things that you love
hammering at Amy's deck
Tuesday about 5:00 I got arm weary. Leaned back against house...what am I doing this for
I am on vacation, what do I want to do? What do I really love?

Starting thinking about friends, neighbors, went home and made cookies for neighbors
Through about my family...how can I be a better father?
Started thinking about all of you
Thought about the Church

I love these things because they are filled with meaning [embellish this]
Having firends is a very meaningful thing
Raising children is a meaningful thing
Serving the load and his church is a very meaningful thing

You know, whether we on vacation or not, we should spend our time on the things that matter

Jesus audience at this setting was lost in the stuff of the world
some things never change
we too spend our time worrying about the clambering for the stuff of life
we got do caught up in junk that we forget the simple but important things

Jesus advice was simple
seek first the kingdom of God, and all this will be added to you
I think Jesus soft-pedaled what he really meant
does everyone get the food and clothes they want when they trsut god?
don't get lost in the little things, everyday has enough trouble of its own
seek the things that really matter, and find the things that matter

do you believe in the mission of this church...please turn in a commitment card
more than that...Did God give you a life that can be filled with meaning? arrange your priorities, recommit your life to the Lord, see first the kindgom of God

No comments: