Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Saw Evil Romans 12:14-21 June 14, 1998

Romans 12:14-21 I saw Evil

the statement enticed several of you to attend church today
"was it something that I did?" Is Jeff watching me?"

No, but Jeff was watching at annual conference
Last week I....sat back and watched....stayed to myself
comparing, judging, good guys and bad guys....
how many new members did you have last year
I wondered it I was any better for laying back and watching?
It was discourage....I saw some evil

Softball last week was discouraging too
desire to be the best comes natural, desire to be humiliated we resist
bad call, discussion at plate....tempers rise
I'm going to hit you.....
I lost sleep over the deal....I saw some evil

some will always be better, some worse
learn to pull the board out of your won eye

This is a topic shared often in church....whey do we hear it, and turn around and forget
It is an important topic.... without attention to it,
we eventually beat them, chain them and dray them behind our trucks
we are so quick to judge others, so quick to be small

In the daily tasks of life, the holy spirit leads us

One different than us was injured on the road of life,
He was hot just threatened, but was hit with the bat.
He was robbed of his dignity, he was assaulted.
Some passing by remembered his sin and tied him up and killed him.
Others saw who it was, remembered all of the bad things about him, and passed by
Still yet a third, saw the man, remembered who he was, an evil man,
but forgot about himself long enough to help and care and take care of the injured
Q Let me ask you, who was a neighbor to the injured man?
Go thou and do likewise

tonight there is another game
next year there is another conference
tomorrow, the Lord willing, is another day

We cannot make everyone be nice or good or fair, but we can do something about us
in the face of evil, let us be those who do good
in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, amen

No comments: