Monday, November 16, 2009

Leaving Nazareth 1/30/94 John 1:43-51

Leaving Nazareth 1/30/94 John 1:43-51

Jesus is calling His disciple...Peter...Andrew...James...John...etc.
Not a call for today only...but for a lifetime
Hearing the call of God it's always been a problem

Two kinds of problems...
I hear it all the time...
I don't/want her it...

I hear the call all the time
Oral Roberts...City of Faith...too much too fast


I don't or won't hear it...why should I?
He's from Nazareth is a little insignificant place...
real truth is I'm Nazareth too
this could be a story of many of us...
I'm too old, too young, too poor, too something
You are, only if you believe it
I'm too young, but never too young
Why not remember your youth as a time of faithfulness?
You may be old, but no one is too old,
who not go with a bang?

Interesting notes from this scripture
Nathaniel doubts Jesus...he's from Nazareth
Jesus sees the potential in Nathaniel
In the face of guile, Jesus sees not guile (deceit)

Praise you today for the ways that you have responded to the call of God

List them:
caring for one another
Lord's acre sale
work on building
caring for one another
welcoming for one another
welcoming new folks
activities center
eq relief

I have never seen it like this before...

Encourage you to believe that you can hear the call of God
If you will choose to leave your Nazareth
And follow Him Amen

No comments: