Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Why I Am A United Methodist Jan. 27, 2008

Why I Am A United Methodist Part 3 2Kings10:15
Elijah the prophet, Jehu the king

Week one...John Wesley's heart was warmed. We still believe that God can touch, warm and change the heart by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Week 2...beliefs...
  1. the simple gospel, nothing is added
  2. respect and love for the scriptures
  3. grace based...focus not on a persons sin, but on Gods ability to help them
  4. Love is central, love is key, love is the mark of a Methodist
Today, I am a United Methodist because everyone is welcome

2Kings15:10
Elijah the prophet, jehu the king
If you heart is with me, give me your hand
catholic spirit-essentials, not peripherals
we will focus on the essentials
we will not be divided by the peripherals...

Preach politics, carve off 1/3 of folks
Jesus was a democrat...if republican He would have rode into Jerusalem on an elephant

Methodist slogan: Open doors, open hearts, open minds
Who will you vote for, what are your feelings on abortion, what is your opinion of stem cell research...I am not concerned with such thing.
I have an opinion, but I am not int he business of c

No comments: