Thursday, February 26, 2009

You Are Invited to Feast Luke 14:1-27 2/19/1996

We are invited to a Feast Luke 14:1-27 February 18, 1996

Read scripture carefully, it will speak for itself

you are invited to a feast
...mahor event
it's the kingdom of God

they all provided excuses
people don't change do they...
a great thing is offered, yet we balk, and offe excuses

In today's languagge...hearing God
attedning an event that God calls us to

In tradition of David Letterman, top 10 excuses that keep people from entering and progressing in the kingdom of God

10. I bought a farm
9. I bought a team of oxen
8. I married a wife
7. the weather is bad
6. the weather is too good
5. I'm too tired, it's my only day to sleep in
4. It's my only day to spend with my family
3. We're going to the lake
2. There are hypocrites there
1. They ask too much from me

No excuse is good enough...it we are going to do it...let's go

let's take a moment to ponder the things that God has called us to
let's count the excuses we have given
let's consider amending our ways

No comments: